Saturday 30 April 2011

It's all over...

365 days later and the project is finished.  As expected, I've learned one hell of a lot about photography!  It's not just a case of looking for pictures, you have to see them.  An unusual statement... but a true one.  We often look at things without actually "seeing" them.  Searching for un-noticed detail or unusual angles in the mundane everyday sights we come across is a skill that needs to be learned and a project of this nature certainly helps develop that skill.

I would not have been able to complete this project without the support and encouragement of my fellow 365ers at the PHOTOPORTAL website... thanks all of you.

I would also like to thank family and friends... many of whome have thought I've gone mad, taking pictures of the strangest things but have still found the time to comment either on this blog or on Facebook.  You all had some input into the successful completion of this project.  Thank you.

So what now?  Well, I need a rest first of all.  It has been quite an effort having to find a picture to take every day, especially in the difficult environment I find myself in at the moment.  Another project is very likely, though what form it will take I do not know!  I'm open to suggestions but won't decide until after I've returned home in June.  Whatever it is, I hope you'll all stay with me for the journey.

1 comment:

  1. I suggest your next project could be to teach me how to take good photos

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.